Spiced Chickpea and Fresh Vegetable Salad
- 2 cans chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup radishes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch (about 1/4 cup chopped) cilantro, leaves picked
- 1 small bunch (about 1/4 cup chopped) parsley, leaves picked
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
In a small bowl combine the cardamom, allspice and cumin. Mix well. Toss the chick peas in the spice mixture to evenly coat them. In a large frying pan heat the 2 Tbsp oil until shimmering. Add the chick peas and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spices are fragrant. Pour onto a plate to cool.
In a large serving bowl combine the chopped veggies and herbs. Toss together.
In a small bowl or jar combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, sherry vinegar, garlic and sugar. Mix well.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Serve the chickpeas next to the salad. Garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt.