- 1 Baguette, sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for brushing sliced baguettes
- 1 cup soft goat cheese, (crumbles work really well from the log form)
- 20 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chiffonade or chopped for garnish
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Honey, as needed for drizzling (You can substitute balsamic fig drizzle or balsamic reduction)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice the baguette diagonally into 1/4-inch slices. You should have 20 to 25 slices. Place the slices in 1 layer on a baking sheet. Brush each slice with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake the toasts for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are crisp and browned.
Place toast on a platter.
Spread a layer of goat cheese on each piece and top with strawberries, basil, and pepper.
Finish off with some drops of honey or balsamic