Fresh Spinach Feta Dip with Oregano
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB fresh oregano, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ lbs fresh spinach, finely chopped
- ½ cup each mayonnaise, sour cream, Greek yogurt (or any combination to equal 1 1/2 cups)
- ½ cup feta or Cotija cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Loaded with chopped fresh spinach, this dip is tasty and nutritious. Use whatever combination of mayonnaise, sour cream and/or Greek yogurt suits you. Scoop it up with toasted pita wedges or crudites or use as a dressing in a falafel sandwich.
Thoroughly combine red onion, garlic, oregano and lemon zest in a bowl. Fold in the chopped spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream and yogurt combination, feta or Cotija, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more lemon, salt and/or pepper as needed. Allow to chill for at least a half hour to develop flavor.