Gluten- and Dairy-Free Cranberry & Pear Crisp
- 6 medium large pears (can substitute apples), cored, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup non-dairy butter substitute, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Using fresh cranberries in this dish really makes it sing, adding a pleasant tartness to a deliciously sweet dessert. Perfectly lovely and perfectly easy to make, it’s a fantastic way to get your dose of tasty seasonal fruit!
Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the sliced pears, cranberries, and maple syrup in a 9×13 baking dish. Toss well to combine. Dissolve the starch in half of the cider by whisking it thoroughly and pour over the fruit. Add the rest of the cider and the nutmeg, toss well. Spread evenly in pan. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and distribute evenly over the fruit. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes until topping is golden and crisp, the fruit tender and bubbly. Serve at room temperature.