Quinoa and White Bean Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups cooked white beans or 1 14 oz can butter or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2-3 TB chopped fresh parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TB red wine vinegar
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
A classic quinoa salad that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Using fresh, local green beans really makes this dish shine.
Place quinoa in a medium sauce pot with 2 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook about 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool (you will want to assemble the
salad when quinoa is still warm, but not hot). In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the green beans for about 5 minutes (they should be cooked, but still crisp), then transfer them to an ice water bath. When cool, drain them and cut into 1 inch
batons. In a large mixing bowl combine the quinoa, drained white beans of your choice, green beans, diced onion, diced pepper, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.