Sweet and Salty Granola Bars (made without nuts and gluten)
- Cooking spray, such as coconut oil spray
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup gluten free pretzels, crushed
- 1/2 cup dried fruit cranberry
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds roasted
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Yields: 12 bars
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper– let the paper hang over the sheet pan a little for easy removal once the bars are ready. Generously spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add honey, sunflower seed butter, and coconut oil to a small pot, and heat on low until ingredients are melted. Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl, stirring until evenly distributed. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and use a spatula, making sure to press down firmly. Cover pan and place into the fridge for 2 hours. When bars have set, remove from pan, and cut into individual bars. Store bars in the fridge or freezer for best results.