Z’Atar Dusted Pita Chips with Creamy Tatziki Sauce
For the Pita Chips:
- 3 pita, cut in wedges
- 1 Tbsp z’atar
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
For the Tatziki:
- 2 cups whole-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and firm flesh diced finely
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 red onion or 1 small shallot, finely minced
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Place the pita in a large mixing bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss to coat the pieces evenly and then arrange them in a single layer on a tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle them with Z’atar and salt. Place them in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool and serve.
For best results, begin by salting the cucumber and placing them in a colander over a bowl to drain for about an hour. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.