Big Beautiful Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 1 box jumbo shells, cooked to al dente
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cut shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto or fresh chopped herbs
- 1 jar pasta sauce of your choice
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
After cooking your pasta, shock it under cold water until the shells are cool. Drizzle them with olive oil to prevent sticking if necessary. It’s important not to over-cook your shells or they will get mushy during the baking process. Al dente is perfect.
In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta, parmesan, pesto or herbs, and 1/4-1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Using a small spoon, stuff the filling into the cooked shells. Line the stuffed shells side by side in an even layer in a large baking dish.
Cover the shells with 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top in an even layer.
Bake the shells, covered, for about 30 minutes. Remove the cover and turn on the broiler. Watch them closely so they don’t burn. Remove the pan when the cheese on top is bubbling and brown. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!