Fruishi (Fruit Sushi)
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 2/3 cup light coconut milk; shaken
- 1/3 cup coconut chips
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 qt strawberries; tops removed and cut thinly from top to bottom
- 1 mango; quartered from pole to pole and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pineapple; peeled, top and bottom removed, cut into long thin strips
- 1 kiwi; cut into thin circles
- 1/4 cantaloupe; shaved into thin strands one inch wide
- Black sesame seeds to garnish
A fun vegetarian friendly take on sushi!
Heat sushi rice and coconut milk on high heat until it reaches a rapid boil. Immediately reduce heat to low, stir, and cover. Cook on low for 20 minutes until all moisture is absorbed. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Uncover and add coconut chips, honey, lime zest, and lime juice. Fold to incorporate and let cool. Take 1-2 tbsp of rice and mold into sushi style pieces, top with desired fruit, wrap with cantaloupe, and garnish with sesame seeds. Happy snacking!