Udon Noodle Stir Fry with Seitan
For the seitan:
- 1 package seitan; sliced in 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Zest and juice of one lime
For the stir fry:
- 8 ounces cooked udon noodles
- 1 bag of greens; about 4 ounces
- 5 basil leaves; cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber; cut into half moons
- 1 onion; Frenched
- 5 sprigs cilantro; leaves removed
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 inch ginger root; minced
- 4 scallions; cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- Sesame oil; as needed
A simple yet satisfying vegan stir fry!
In a large bowl combine all ingrediants. Marinate for 15-30 minutes. Once seitan has finished marinating, heat a wok to high heat. Add seitan and cook for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
Heat a large wok on high and add enough oil to coat the bottom and sides. Once oil is piping hot add udon, garlic, ginger, scallions, and onion and toss to combine. Add coconut aminos and cook for 1-2 minutes until noodles are slightly browned. Transfer to plate and top with basil, mint, cucumber, cilantro, and reserved seitan. Serve immediately.